Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Poem For Her December

Photo by Mandy Faith

They said, every boy in this world can be more than handsome compared to you.
They said to me yesterday, you’re no better than them.
They said, they will always be the January
and you are pushed away into December.
They said, they’re the sweetest. They treat every girl as princess.
They said, they are the diamond. The richest. The smartest.
And what you are? They asked.
As this comparison goes on
You’ll always forever drowning on their list.

But, who knows me better than you do?

I said, you’re my favorite perfume.
For nothing better than the smell after the rain. Your fragrance.
I said, no one can make a rainbow smiling like a fool.
For I am the drizzle and you are the only sunshine.
I said, it’s okay if you’re the last.
For you are my favorite December and I’m January.
We were far apart yet we still on the same calendar.
I said, you are the sun. The brightest. The warmest.
And what they are? I asked.
As this comparison goes on
They’ll always forever loser on my list.

2 comments: